Re: Moving /tmp to tmpfs makes it useless

Salvo Tomaselli dixit:

>> Please define who are the people you are talking about. If they aren't
>> using mktemp, please file a bug.
>
>man 3 mktemp
>BUGS
>       Never use mktemp() [...]

Your manpage search order is (also) wrong:
‣ https://www.mirbsd.org/man.cgi?mktemp

(1) come before (3) section manpages. (And in this context, the entire
mkstemp(3), mkdtemp(3), etc. family is meant.)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
13:37⎜«Natureshadow» Deep inside, I hate mirabilos. I mean, he's a good
guy. But he's always right! In every fsckin' situation, he's right. Even