Re: gitpkg with a quilt export hook

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 1:32 AM, Brian May
<brian@microcomaustralia.com.au> wrote:
> On 23 May 2012 23:31, Bastien ROUCARIES <roucaries.bastien@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 9. git checkout -b debian-patches/6.7.7.0-1
>> 10. git checkout -b  debian/6.7.7.0-1 # create new debian branch
>
> Just curious here, why do you create a new branch for every Debian
> revision? Wouldn't it be better to create a branch for every upstream
> revision, so you can track changes made between Debian revisions?

If you see the workflow, you could do this limiting the diff to debian
dir, and doing merging allow that debian sub branch (check with gitk
or qgit)

Branch are really really cheap

Moreover one branch one version allow me to easilly release to
stable/testing from experimental. If you use only one debian branch
you could not do this easilly.

Moreover you have a branch for every upstream revision used on debian
called upstream/version.

Bastien

.