Re: Wheezy release: CDs are not big enough any more...

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 09:34:39AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> So to use the image you need either a DVD or a USB stick, and if you're using
> a write-once DVD you're perhaps wasting the unused space; but the download
> time and install footprint are still kept low and in the range of what a CD
> would give.

In the UK at least, the price of a CD-R and a DVD+R is approximately the same,
although CD-Rs are becoming rarer in brick-and-mortar shops.  I still attempt
to use CD-R media when burning install discs, but that's only if I happen to
have some (and I don't mind the wasted space burning netinst to a 700M CD-R).

I think what I'm saying is I agree with you for my use-cases at least.