Re: RFC: OpenRC as Init System for Debian

Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> writes:

> Uoti Urpala wrote:
>>
>>Who's the one choosing his preferred configuration format based on the
>>limitations of his preferred packaging system here? Hint: it's not Red
>>Hat.
>
> *yawn*
>
> When you've got something constructive to add to Debian development,
> let us know. Until that point, please go away and stop trolling.

There were a few useful lines in the mail you replied to, which, I
believe, were constructive:

] Machine-specific configuration belongs in /etc. The default behavior of
] the tools doesn't.
]
] Josh Triplett provided multiple technical reasons why etc-overrides-lib
] is preferable.

I happen to agree with the first assertion, for various (highly
subjective) reasons, and Josh's reasons[1] are worthy of consideration
too.

 [1]: http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2012/05/msg00365.html