Re: Making -devel discussions more viable (was: switching from exim to postfix)

On May 09, Arto Jantunen <viiru@debian.org> wrote:

> In addition to that it would be nice if everyone could agree to not work
> against a certain init implementation (for example by refusing to
> include the startup file for that init when someone else has written one
> and submited it as a wishlist bug).
I definitely refuse to start including random startup files in my
packages, because this conflicts with the goal of supporting only one
init system.

> We can return to the "which init is default" discussion when we have
Except for an handful of people, who are mostly motivated by their love
for the toy ports, the discussion actually was "which init system should
be supported".

--
ciao,
Marco