Re: RFC: OpenRC as Init System for Debian

Stephan Seitz <stse+debian@fsing.rootsland.net> writes:

> On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 03:30:11PM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
>>(lots of options, you get to keep the pieces when they break), but some
>>of us are trying to make Debian better than that.  We don't need more
>>half-assed options, we need a solution.
>
> Well, it seems we have a problem to define what is „better”. Without
> this definition we won’t get the right solution. I prefer several
> half-assed options I can choose from instead of having one solution I
> don’t like and I can’t change. Then I can use Windows again.

FWIW, Debian provides a couple of init systems already, and has been for
as long as I can remember. You certainly have the option to choose.

It makes no sense to allow choice in the default - that would kind of
defeat the purpose of being default, wouldn't it?