Re: switching from exim to postfix

On Thu, 3 May 2012, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> wrote:
> > All MTA bounce messages are just plain unreadable crap for the average
> > human on Earth, I'm afraid. For some of them, it's even worse than
> > Vogon poetry.
>
> IME this is true even after you translate it to the local language and dumb
> it down a whole lot.

For non-technical users the best thing to do is to have an error message
that's informative to a sysadmin which they can paste or forward to someone
who can fix it.

One of my pet hates with some MS email software is when it doesn't display the
real error message to the user and hides it in a way that's beyond the ability
of the non-technical user to discover and report.