Re: switching from exim to postfix

(slightly off-topic)

Quoting Russell Coker (russell@coker.com.au):

> No, bouncing mail when it can't be properly delivered is much better than
> violating RFCs.
>
> Mail that is bounced with a human readable message describing the real cause
> of the problem can then be re-sent once the problem is fixed.

You mean a message readable by a human even when it happens that this
human is a non English-speaking non-geek person? :-)

All MTA bounce messages are just plain unreadable crap for the average
human on Earth, I'm afraid. For some of them, it's even worse than
Vogon poetry.

(and, no, I have no solution to this, by the way...just reacting to
the assumption that bounce messages are readable: they are not)