Re: [Pkg-javascript-devel] Node.js and it's future in debian

Wookey <wookey@wookware.org> writes:

> Just a quick question - is there an easy way to do this? I worry
> sometimes that I might be creating a binary name that is already used
> somewhere, and thus a potential clash, but it is not obvious to me how
> to check. Strictly this applies to every file in a package, although
> clashes are most likely in /usr/bin

I usually just search Debian, since we have most things, but it's not a
great solution.  djb at one point tried to start a registry of command
names at http://cr.yp.to/slashcommand/used but I don't think it's been
maintained.  (It doesn't, for example, have node.)