Re: [Pkg-javascript-devel] Node.js and it's future in debian

+++ Patrick Ouellette [2012-05-01 23:12 -0400]:
> Of course the #! line is not the issue.  The issue is two upstream maintainers
> separated by years and miles selected the same generic name for their binary
> file.  Compounding the issue, some Debian Maintainer seeking to better the
> project by packaging additional software for the project failed to perform
> "due diligence" in researching if any of the binary names from the proposed
> new package were already in use.

Just a quick question - is there an easy way to do this? I worry
sometimes that I might be creating a binary name that is already used
somewhere, and thus a potential clash, but it is not obvious to me how
to check. Strictly this applies to every file in a package, although
clashes are most likely in /usr/bin

Wookey