8 bit to 7 bit conversion - was Re: switching from exim to postfix

On Tuesday, May 01, 2012 06:55:20 PM Riku Voipio wrote:
> Honesstly. my grievance is really just having to convert things to 7bit.. s
In the future, you're likely to still be stuck doing this for other 'fun'
reasons.  The one I ran into recently was that 8 bit -> 7 bit conversions will
break DKIM signatures, so it's only safe (from a reliability perspective) to
sign 8 bit mail if you know the entire path is 8 bit clean.  Since there's
really no way to know that, now I flatten everything to 7 bit and then sign it.

Scott K