Re: libbitcoin

On 12-04-27 at 10:36am, Amir Taaki wrote:
> I have a project which I've been continuously working on for 1 year
> now since May 2011 ( http://gitorious.org/libbitcoin?page=17 ). It is
> used in a number of projects like Electrum (
> http://ecdsa.org/electrum/ ) or as backend software for websites (
> https://intersango.com/ ). Intersango is the largest exchange in the
> UK, and 2nd largest worldwide so libbitcoin is being used in a
> production environment.
>

> It is a C++ Bitcoin library (rewrote from scratch) with an
> asynchronous toolkit based design. It has Python bindings and is at
> its 1.0 release.
> Website: http://libbitcoin.org/
> Documentation/tutorials: http://libbitcoin.org/doc.html
> There are packages for Gentoo and Parabola/ArchLinux.
>

> I made a simple Ubuntu package: http://gitorious.org/libbitcoin/distpkg
> I then have been trying to create a Debian package to get it into the
> repos, however the entire process for creating shared library packages
> is immensely complex going by these guides:
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/
>
> http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/column/libpkg-guide/libpkg-guide.html
>
> Anyway, sorry if this sounds presumptious but if anyone can make a
> package then contact me and I'll collaborate and make whatever changes
> are needed to get it to work with Debian. I did make an effort before
> asking for help, but I'm mostly familiar with upstream processes.
> The license is AGPL with a lesser clause (I worked with Stallman and
> Aaron Williamson of the SFLC to create this license).

Interesting!

Is it related to libcoin? https://github.com/ceptacle/libcoin

Does it (unlike Bitcoin) work on bigendian architectures?

I can help you, but am already involved in way too many packages[1] so
would prefer that you (or others) stay in the loop and participate in
the ongoing maintainance of the packaging.

Are you also considering packaging some of those projects that use this
library?

 - Jonas

[1] http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=dr@jones.dk&comaint=yes