Re: RFC: OpenRC as Init System for Debian

]] Roger Leigh

> Two issues that come to mind
> - it's not permitted for a package to declare that it provides a
>   virtual service, e.g. $cron.  This is actually in the LSB spec.
>   OpenRC does allow this.  There are several bugs about this.

It's not permitted _for LSB applications_.  None of the packages shipped
in Debian are LSB applications and we're completely free to Provide:
$cron if we so desire, and I think not doing that in the init script
would be a bad idea.  If implementations don't support that, they should
just be fixed, IMO.

--
Tollef Fog Heen