Re: RFC: OpenRC as Init System for Debian

On Thursday, April 26, 2012 16:45:08, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> ]] Chris Knadle
>
> > The default of passing 'quiet' to the kernel is also apparently picked
> > up by systemd, which then suppresses the daemon startup messages.  If
> > 'quiet' is removed, systemd gives colorized daemon startup messages,
> > but this also makes the kernel noisy.
>
> I suspect you just want to use plymouth if you want startup messages and
> don't want to get rid of quiet.

I'm not looking for graphics or boot animation -- for instance I don't like
Ubuntu's default of graphical bootup, which from screenshots.debian.net seems
like it uses plymouth.

Specifically I'm looking to see the daemon startup console *text* messages,
but without verbose kernel bootup noise that is gotten if the 'quiet' option
is removed.  Debian's default startup/init already does this, with ANSI color.
I'm looking to see if I can duplicate a similar appearance with systemd.

  -- Chris

--
Chris Knadle
Chris.Knadle@coredump.us