Re: Volunteer-initiated team maintenance as a solution for packages with low activity

]] Colin Watson

> alioth is just a Debian-specific hosting site, not a general gateway to
> package maintenance.  We're not set up for them to be dispute resolution
> for the whole of Debian, and they have no constitutional authority to do
> that anyway.  De-emphasising the role of alioth administration in the
> whole of this would be a good thing, I think; ownership of the alioth
> project is often not that desperately important in practice.

I think I'm speaking on behalf on all the Alioth admins that we'd like
to avoid being in such a position and role.  I'd rather it went to the
tech-ctte and we'd just do the technical implementation (mark whoever as
a project admin).  I certainly don't want to get dragged into what'll
easily become personal and political conflicts which do not intersect
with me personally or my areas of interest.

--
Tollef Fog Heen