Re: On init in *Debian*

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 03:23:21PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > > It is not advantage. it is crap. I believe no one can write and support
> > > init/systemd/whatsoever scripts sutable for many distributions and their
> > > versions.
> > That's right, nobody can write initscripts for all distros because they
> > are incompatible. Isn't this problem solved by systemd?
>
> No, it was mentioned previously that systemd does not aim at being a
> (linux distro) standard.
Is being a (linux distro) standard the same as being the default
/sbin/init in all distros? If yes, I don't see how is it relevant here.
What I meant is: it is a common knowledge that you need to write an
initscript for each specific distro even though most of them use sysvinit,
but does this apply to systemd unit files too?

--
WBR, wRAR