Bug#666758: ITP: librole-tiny-perl -- minimalist role composition Perl module
Owner: Alessandro Ghedini <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : librole-tiny-perl
Version : 1.000000
Upstream Author : Matt S. Trout <email@example.com>
* URL : http://search.cpan.org/dist/Role-Tiny/
* License : Artistic or GPL-1+
Programming Lang: Perl
Description : minimalist role composition Perl module
Role::Tiny is a Perl module to do minimalist role composition. Role composition
can be thought of as much more clever and meaningful multiple inheritance.
The basics of this implementation of roles is:
* If a method is already defined on a class, that method will not be composed
in from the role.
* If a method that the role "requires" to be implemented is not implemented,
role application will fail loudly.
Unlike Class::C3, where the last class inherited from "wins," role composition
is the other way around, where first wins. In a more complete system (see
Moose) roles are checked to see if they clash. The goal of this is to be much
simpler, hence disallowing composition of multiple roles at once.