Re: Preinstalled package manager(s) for PCs (wheezy)

On 27/03/12 17:09, Filipus Klutiero wrote:
So what do others think?

I think that we need to separate the notion of a debian desktop from the GNOME or KDE desktops. Synaptic is probably quite rightly not part of either, but I agree that a "default desktop" via install should provide a GUI package manager.

A Debian "desktop" should be a superset of KDE-desktop | GNOME-desktop | LXDE-desktop etc. + things such as a GUI package manager.

I doubt this is something that could be achieved in time for wheezy.

--
Jon Dowland