Re: please update to latest upstart version (again)

On Fri, 2012-03-23 at 19:25 -0300, Fernando Lemos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 7:08 PM, Thomas Bechtold
> <thomasbechtold@jpberlin.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > i just want to ask if it's possible to update to the latest upstart
> > version. i followed the latest discussion but i just want to have the
> > latest version available in debian. i don't care about the upstart
> > support in debian because:
> > - i have my own upstart packages for my own software and want to control
> > my own daemons with upstart.
> > - i don't care about any upstart support in debian
> >
> > please update the upstart version to 1.5 for wheezy.
>
> Regardless of why you want it updated, note that this is not the
> appropriate way to ask for an update. Please file a bug report with
> wishlist priority against the package that needs to be updated in our
> BTS and don't mail debian-devel. I believe it's considered more polite
> to wait a few days after an upstream release before filing this bug
> report, though.

i did this already 10 month ago [1]. i also wrote some mails to the
maintainer, he answered, i build some test packages for debian sid,
wrote mails again but at the end nothing happened and the maintainer
didn't answer to my last question what i should do to get a new version
into debian. so i though debian-devel is another way to ask for an
update (or NMU).

Cheers,

Tom

[1] bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=627544