Re: A few observations about systemd

On Mar 15, Martin Wuertele <maxx@debian.org> wrote:

> Let me quote section 4 first sentence of the social contract: "We will
> be guided by the needs of our users and the free software community.".
This is correct, and it is why we should work to solve the problems of
the platform which has over 1000 times more users and is actually used
by real users and businesses in the real world.

> You might argue that kFreeBSD does not qualify as "need", however I'm
Yes, I argue that kFreeBSD is the toy project of an handful of
developers. Because of this, I will tolerate it only as long as it does
not impedes development of the OS which actually has users.
I am sure that I can deploy upstart or systemd on my own system, but my
goal is to make such a technology available to our users.

> unsure if a DD is the right persion to define what the needs of debian
> users are and what not.
Users define what their needs are, and our data show that so far, with
very good approximation, nobody needs kFreeBSD.

--
ciao,
Marco