Re: upstart: please update to latest upstream version

Peter Samuelson wrote:
> [Josh Triplett]
> > To give one particular example: systemd uses Linux-specific features
> > to accurately track all the processes started by a service, which
> > allows accurate monitoring and shutdown of processes which could
> > otherwise disassociate themselves from their parent processes via the
> > usual daemonizing trick.
>
> This "one particular example" is the same feature (cgroups) that
> everyone keeps talking and talking about.  Everyone keeps saying
> "systemd uses Linuxisms like cgroups", but nobody mentions any others.
> Is this the only major Linuxism in systemd, or is it just the only one
> that's interesting enough to talk about?

I just mentioned that particular feature because people already know
about systemd's use of cgroups to track processes, so it wouldn't take
much explanation.  Numerous others exist.
https://lwn.net/Articles/453016/ has a partial list:

- Josh Triplett