Re: Link-Time Optimisation

Aron Xu dixit:

>You might be interested in reading this thread:
>http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2011/06/msg00149.html

Ok, will have a look, thanks.

>Activating LTO by default seems not to be a reasonable idea (reasons

Right, it is not.

>are in the given thread), but if maintainer of a package see it's
>appropriate then he can use it in the package.

Yes, that was my intention, I just wondered whether people
were using it in their packages at all, and provided an
example for others to use or even improve.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
  “Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having
          a peeing section in a swimming pool.”