Re: upstart: please update to latest upstream version
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: upstart: please update to latest upstream version
- From: Florian Weimer <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 09:17:53 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <CAKNHny8dU5jjZk7i_OjPFh9z4iv1p13=_7==sCPO9dTbK52ecg@mail.gmail.com> (Matthias Klumpp's message of "Sun, 26 Feb 2012 01:19:14 +0100")
- References: <20120225223820.GF24903@mraw.org> <email@example.com> <CAKNHny8dU5jjZk7i_OjPFh9z4iv1p13=_7==sCPO9dTbK52ecg@mail.gmail.com>
* Matthias Klumpp:
> He does not want portability patches in systemd, because much
> invasive changes would be needed, making the code more difficult to
> read (which might even lead to buggy code).
It seems that this also applies to older Linux versions. According to
the documentation, the current version requires kernel 2.6.39. This
might cause trouble during upgrades.