Re: upstart: please update to latest upstream version

Le mercredi 22 février 2012 à 15:43 +0100, Stephan Seitz a écrit :
> True, but the question is: does the new system solves more problems than
> it creates? And are the solved problems worth the disadvantages? For
> a faster boot process?

Upstart and systemd were not written just to improve boot process. There
is a variety of problems that you cannot solve without using an
event-based init system.

> As I said, if you can save some seconds without breaking things, fine.
> But for now we don’t have any numbers if the majority of Debian users
> wants to take the risk or are concerned about some saved seconds.

I’m more concerned about the amount of problems that we will have if we
DON’T switch to a modern init system.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :