Re: upstart: please update to latest upstream version

Stephan Seitz <stse+debian@fsing.rootsland.net> writes:

> On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 03:24:47PM +0200, Riku Voipio wrote:
>> I have. Not on debian, but on debianish system with dash. And the
>> result was that shellscripts are indeed the bottleneck. We still did
>> convert to
>
> I don’t doubt it, but the question is, who cares if the boot process
> takes a little bit longer?

I do care. I boot and shutdown virtual machines rather often, in a boot,
get things done, shutdown, next machine cycle. If I can shave off a few
seconds from the boot time, I will.

On desktops and servers, I couldn't care less, either, but on the
virtual machines I keep poking on and off, every second counts.