Re: Teams in changelog trailers

Charles Plessy dijo [Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 09:59:34AM +0900]:
> If there is ambiguity about credit, perhaps the BTS boilerplate could be
> amended to include a disclaimer that not all of it shall come to the uploader.
>
> Recenlty, I have uploaded new packages with changelogs like the following.
>
>   r-cran-proto (0.3-9.2-1) unstable; urgency=low
>
>      * Team upload.
>
>      [ Carlos Borroto ]
>      * Initial release (Closes: #657994)
>
>    -- Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org>  Wed, 01 Feb 2012 13:47:24 +0900
>
> At first I worried that it would deprive Carlos from the credit of preparing
> the package.  But in the end, I think that such a changelog clearly presents
> the responsibilities, credit aside.  I am responsible for having uploaded the
> package, and Carlos is responsible for making this packaging happen.

Hummm... I think this smells like bureaucracy. If you are uploading
Carlos' package, and he tagged it already as a team upload in your
team's VCS, it could be a simple (without [ Person ] sections)
changelog entry. After all, the .changes/.dsc are signed with your
key, and the archive software can trace the uploader.

Personally, I try not to modify the changelogs I sponsor if I don't do
anything meaningful to the package. And I try not to do anything at
all to the package besides reviewing and compiling it :)