Re: Teams in changelog trailers

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 03:08:50PM +0100, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> Now that we have a concept of a “team upload”[0], I'd like to have
> putting team's name in the changelog trailer officially deprecated.
>
> This would:
> 1) allow to always identify person responsible for a particular upload;
> 2) help to avoid situations where (inadvertently) no human name is
> mentioned in a changelog entry at all.
>
> What do others think?

Agreed.

It'd be nice if debbugs could understand "[ Debian Developer ]" lines
and give credit to the appropriate individuals when closing bugs
mentioned in changelogs. But I understand that's not entirely trivial to
do, and I don't consider that to be enough of a reason to keep around
hard to attribute changelog entries.

Cheers.