Re: Please test gzip -9n - related to dpkg with multiarch support

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 12:47:20PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

> > That's based on a sample of 1200 packages currently tagged Multi-Arch:
> > same in the Ubuntu precise archive.  If we have all packages in sections
> > libs and libdevel converted for multiarch (which I suppose we eventually
> > will), this number will be closer to 7000.  Does 700 more of these
> > support packages approach the level that it starts to be a problem?

> Adding 700 packages compared to adding 36706 (73412, 110118) for
> multiarch seems still minor.

And what about adding 700 packages vs. adding no packages at all, in the
case of systems which aren't going to have multiarch enabled?

This would impact systems of all archs, not just those for which multiarch
is a significant use case.