Re: How to tell users that ia32-libs will go away

* Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> [120209 20:45]:
> There is a similar issue with linux-image-*-amd64, which I would
> definitely like to remove from i386 as soon as possible.  We have
> metapackages to help with this already, but we still need users to add
> amd64 as a foreign architecture before upgrading.

>From a user's point of view I'd really appreciate if that package could be
kept. Needing multi-arch enabled (with all the dangers of getting the
wrong packages installed or the additional index files to download) just
to have a suiteable kernel would be quite a burden.

        Bernhard R. Link