Re: DEP-5 and files with white spaces

* Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org>, 2012-02-09, 23:05:
Note that another case that I don't think has been discussed, but which is probably more common than embedded quote marks, is a filename that's invalid UTF-8 (straight ISO 8859-1, for example). That's also not representable in our typical debian/copyright file,

The specification currently reads: “Only the wildcards * and ? apply; the former matches any number of characters (including none), the latter a single character.”

But characters of which encoding? If UTF-8, then for some filenames, no wildcard exist that would match them.

--
Jakub Wilk