Re: Please test gzip -9n - related to dpkg with multiarch support

On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 01:33:58AM +0000, Wookey wrote:

> Some of the issues are already clear I think (moving arch-dependent
> headers into arch-qualified dirs, but leaving the others where they
> are)

And what is considered the best way to share the architecture–independent
headers between M-A: same -dev packages?

Install them in all packages, and let dpkg handle the conflicts? I still
don’t feel very confortable doing so, and it would cause an increase in
the archive size. Or ship them in a separate Arch: all -dev-common package,
which all the other -dev packages depend on? This would ensure a single
copy of the headers is present in the archive, but it would also add yet
another binary package per library to the Packages file…

--
Andrea Bolognani <eof@kiyuko.org>