Re: Doesn't contain source for waf binary code

Michael Biebl writes ("Re: Doesn't contain source for waf binary code"):
> The waf-unpack tagged bug reports refer to the Debian wiki with
> instructions how to ship the waf script in unpacked form [2].

This is, unfortunately, not sufficient.

> I assume the FTP team at least considers this approach as acceptable and
> quite of few of the affected packages have been "fixed" this way already.

The FTP team probably assumed that the rather hard to read Python code
in the "unpacked" waf was actually the source code.  However, it is
not.

It is disappointing that none of the people involved with packaging
waf-using software spotted this problem.

Ian.