Re: Doesn't contain source for waf binary code

On 07.02.2012 14:16, Ian Jackson wrote:

> I compared the tarball in waf in postler 0.1.1-1.1 with the upstream
> code as obtained from "git clone https://code.google.com/p/waf/";.  It
> turns out that the tarball embedded in the "waf" script is not the
> original "waf" source distribution.  It contains a subset of the
> files, and those files it does contain have been processed to remove
> comments, whitespace, etc., much like a JavaScript minimisation.  Ie
> the "waf" self-extracting archive is generated out of the waf.git
> source code by massaging some of the files; modified versions of the
> script are supposed to be generated by editing the waf.git
> distribution and rerunning its build.

The waf-unpack tagged bug reports refer to the Debian wiki with
instructions how to ship the waf script in unpacked form [2].

I assume the FTP team at least considers this approach as acceptable and
quite of few of the affected packages have been "fixed" this way already.

Michael

[1]
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=ftpmaster@debian.org;tag=waf-unpack
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/UnpackWaf