Bug#658620: ITP: ion -- NASA implementation of Delay-Tolerant Networking (DTN)
Owner: Leo Iannacone <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : ion
Version : 2.5.3
Upstream Author : NASA - JPL
* URL : https://ion.ocp.ohiou.edu/ , http://sourceforge.net/projects/ion-dtn/
* License :
Copyright: 2002-2011, California Institute of Technology.
All rights reserved. Based on Government Sponsored Research under contracts
NAS7-1407 and/or NAS7-03001
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification,
are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
3. Neither the name of the California Institute of Technology (Caltech),
its operating division the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), the National
Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), nor the names of its
contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from
this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS"
AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE
DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY BE LIABLE
FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR
SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER
CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY,
OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE
OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Programming Lang: C
Description : NASA implementation of Delay-Tolerant Networking (DTN)
Interplanetary Overlay Network (ION) software distribution
is an implementation of Delay-Tolerant Networking (DTN)
architecture as described in Internet RFC 4838.
This is a suite of communication protocol implementations designed
to support mission operation communications across an end-to-end
interplanetary network, which might include on-board (flight) subnets,
in-situ planetary or lunar networks, proximity links,
deep space links, and terrestrial internets.
Included in the ION software distribution are the following packages:
* ici (interplanetary communication infrastructure) a set of libraries
that provide flight-software-compatible support for functions on
which the other packages rely
* bp (bundle protocol), an implementation of the Delay-Tolerant
Networking (DTN) architecture's Bundle Protocol.
* dgr (datagram retransmission), a UDP reliability system that implements
congestion control and is designed for relatively high performance.
* ltp (licklider transmission protocol), a DTN convergence layer for reliable
transmission over links characterized by long or highly variable delay.
* ams - an implementation of the CCSDS Asynchronous Message Service.
* cfdp - a class-1 (Unacknowledged) implementation of the CCSDS File