Question about linux kernel modules

Hi,

I was wondering what was the package (or packages) where linux kernel
modules that are not shipped with it (i.e. not included in the
linux-image package) are packaged.

For example, Realtek's rtl8192se module as pointed on the wiki [1], was
inserted on Linux 3.0.0~rc1-1~experimental.1. Previous kernel versions
don't have support for it, so you either install a new kernel or
compile/package it for the current kernel.

My question: is there any team packaging these kernel modules that are
not inserted on previous kernels but released in newer ones?

Greetings,

--
Luis Alejandro Martínez Faneyth
Blog: http://www.huntingbears.com.ve/