Using debian/upstream to document things about Upstream with “umegaya”.

Dear all,

I have already promoted a couple of times on this list the idea of gathering
(meta) data about Upstream in the source package, more precisely in the
repository where the source package is developed.

  http://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamMetadata

There was not much progress in 2011, but work is restarting.  We are working
towards the first proof of principle, to use this data through the UDD to
populate some templates for the Debian Med pure blend ‘tasks’ pages.  I will
not go further for the sake of brievty, but you can refer to the above link for
more information.

For the moment, I would like to ask if there were objections if we would start
to use the file name debian/upstream instead of the current name
debian/upstream-metadata.yaml, which is a typing mistake honeypot.  We maintain
a couple hundreds of packages in the Debian Med project, and if we start to use
debian/upstream for this purpose, it will make it unavailable for other current
or planned purposes.

Can we take ‘upstream’ in the ‘debian/’ namespace ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,