Re: Patch Tagging Guidelines: DEP-3 moved to ACCEPTED status

Le Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 12:14:26PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog a écrit :

> FTR given that I got no reports of problems with DEP-3, that it's already
> well established, I just changed the state of the DEP-3 from CANDIDATE
> to ACCEPTED.
>
> Of course this does not mean that the DEP-3 can't be extended or improved
> (in particular when it doesn't break backwards compatibility)
> but it does mean that this format is ready for widespread usage. Use it to
> document the patches that you add to Debian packages:
> http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep3/

Bonjour Raphaël,

with my DEP admin hat on, I congratulate and thank you for homing this DEP
to completion.

In my understanding of the process, DEP 3 will not be changed anymore.  The
format it defines has been implemented in different tools, and this is the
achievement of DEP 3.  Modifications of the format are of course possible, as a
new DEP (taking as inspiration the RFCs 822, 2822 and then 5322), or outside
the DEP process.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy