ITP: wcstools -- Create display and manipulate the world coordinate system

Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist
Owner: Ole Streicher <debian@liska.ath.cx>

* Package name    : wcstools
  Version         : 3.8.4
  Upstream Author : Doug Mink <dmink@cfa.harvard.ed>
* URL             : http://tdc-www.harvard.edu/software/wcstools/
* License         : GPLv2+
  Programming Lang: C
Description : Create display and manipulate the world coordinate system
 WCSTools is a set of software utilities, written in C, which create,
 display and manipulate the world coordinate system of a FITS or IRAF
 image, using specific keywords in the image header which relate pixel
 position within the image to position on the sky.  Auxillary programs
 search star catalogs and manipulate images.

This package is built in preparation to build saods9
<http://bugs.debian.org/655648>.
In fact, I would need only the library there which is going to be built as a shared library. To avoid conflicts with the "libwcs" library from wcslib, I intent to rename the library to "libwcstools". The wcstools binaries are built as a complementary gift :-)