Re: Managing left-over configuration files

Am 14.12.2011 11:30, schrieb David Kalnischkies:
> Hi,
>
> in general, such questions are better suited for debian-mentors@,
> but here we go:

> I think what you mean is best described/covered with the advice to
> have a look at the manpage of 'dpkg-maintscript-helper', but i must
> confess that the question isn't all that clear to me with the 'sed' either.

Thanks for your suggestions.

'dpkg-maintscript-helper' looks just like what I was looking for.
Unfortenately, I have to support pre-Squeeze systems as well, and dpkg
in Lenny does not have 'dpkg-maintscript-helper' yet. So I might have to
provide to some kind of fallback hack. As a first attempt, I added some
code to postinst to remove the old conffiles from the system and also
remove their entries from '/var/lib/dpkg/info/<transitionalpackage>.list

As suggested, I'll take my problems to debian-mentors...

Malte