Re: New sections

On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 12:17:24PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > Where would you like to see the metapackages of the Debian Edu Blend?
>
> hehe :)

:-)

> but seriously: when I read that mail from Jörg I wondered whether to react at
> all: why move the Debian Edu packages into the education (or metapackage)
> section now, if sections are bound to go away anyway?

The fact that new sections are created now seems to be a sign that
sections will not go away soonish, right (do you have any reference that
they go at all?)

> (Also we still havent release Debian Edu Squeeze (sigh) and moving them now
> would mean we would have to divert and more work, while the release is stalled
> due to too little workpower anyway...)

I actually did not plan to touch the source for the (longish?) moment of
the release anyway.  But there are other Blends with metapackages around
and the education topic seemed to be a more catchy question than others.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de