Re: script to link annoying $HOME dirs/files to /tmp?

On 02/12/2011 16:46, Thomas Koch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there anything like the following? A script that I can run on login and
> that creates folders/empty files in (tmpfs mounted) /tmp and creates symlinks
> from $HOME/... to /tmp.

Hi,

	You can configure PAM so that it does this for you: use a special
command that will create these symlinks for you (use pam_exec for this
in the "session" stack).

	Alternatively, you may configure bash to execute to command on login
(/etc/profile or ~/.profile if user specific) but that assume bash is
your login shell.

	As a side note, I am not sure but I believe this question should have
been asked on debian-users mailing list first :-).

Cheers,

Nicolas