script to link annoying $HOME dirs/files to /tmp?

Hi,

Is there anything like the following? A script that I can run on login and
that creates folders/empty files in (tmpfs mounted) /tmp and creates symlinks
from $HOME/... to /tmp.
This is done so that data I don't care about is automatically cleaned on
logout.

Candidates for this would be:
.cache/
.gnash/
.thumbnails/
.dbus/
.subversion/ (only created by git svn)
.kde/{cache|socket|tmp}-$(hostname)
.mozilla/firefox/*.default/Cache

or files:
.htoprc
.lesshst
.histfile
.pulse-cookie

Even better would be the possibility to have a hook that can create the
necessary symlinks and empty dirs/files when those are first accessed. How
would I do that?

I feel like mass bug filling against packages that pollute my $HOME and don't
use $HOME/.c{ache|onfig} ... :-)

Is there a more appropriate list for this question?

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro