Re: single-debian-patch

]] Raphael Hertzog

| On Fri, 23 Sep 2011, Adam Borowski wrote:
| > New-style: echo "single-debian-patch" >debian/source/options
|
| --single-debian-patch is no longer "new" at this point. The fact that you
| were not using it and relying on dpkg-source to generate a different patch
| at each upload was just bad taste IMO.

While you're of course free to have that opinion, I consider it a quite
serious bug in dpkg to suddenly change its interpretation of what 3.0
(quilt) means.  By all means, if you find out 3.0 (quilt) has bugs or
unintended features feel free to make a 3.1 (quilt) or 4.0 (quilt), but
don't break the beast we have gotten to know (if not love).

Could we please have the old behaviour back?

Cheers,
--
Tollef Fog Heen