Re: forwarding bugs upstream - opt-in, delayed, automated

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Sep 13, 2011, at 04:48 PM, Don Armstrong wrote:
>
> >The main thing that is blocking me from implementing it currently is a
> >set of perl modules which can handle the hard bit of managing a
> >mailing list correctly so I don't have to write them from scratch.
>
> Can you provide a bit more detail on this?

I am looking for a set of perl modules which can handle being fed mail
and managing a subscription list in response to that mail while also
allowing for subscriptions/unsubscriptions from an external interface.
Such a thing may not exist at all, but if it does, I would rather like
to avoid reinventing the wheel if at all possible.

> I don't know what you need but maybe it's something that Mailman 3
> could help with?

Mailman3 isn't finished and is a complete system for dealing with
standard mailing lists which don't get created or deleted on the fly.

Don Armstrong

--
Sentenced to two years hard labor (for sodomy), Oscar Wilde stood
handcuffed in driving rain waiting for transport to prison.  "If this