Re: forwarding bugs upstream - opt-in, delayed, automated

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011, Gergely Nagy wrote:

> Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Steve suggested a feature that might improve the status quo:
> >
> > - enable people to subscribe to bug traffic only if it matches specific
> >   tags (the idea being of forwarding upstream only the traffic for
> >   "confirmed" bugs)
>
> I'd love this, even with having only my BTS-junkie hat on. This would
> allow me to subscribe to, say, security or $arch-related bugs for a
> select number of packages I depend on for $work, or packages I'm more
> familiar with. Without the disadvantage of also receiving all kinds of
> reports I can't do a thing about.

A fully formed system which does this would be excellent.

The main thing that is blocking me from implementing it currently is a
set of perl modules which can handle the hard bit of managing a
mailing list correctly so I don't have to write them from scratch.

Given one that doesn't suck, I'd be able to implement this soonish.

Don Armstrong

--
You think to yourself, hey, it's a test tube, for God's sake. Pretty
soon, though, the rush from a test tube isn't enough. You want to