Re: [Lennart Poettering] Re: A few observations about systemd

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 09:38:04PM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Jul 19, Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> wrote:
> > kFreeBSD is currently released as a "technology preview". With that, we
> > mean it works, but it isn't necessarily ready yet for prime usage. The
> > fact that there currently aren't many users yet isn't surprising in that
> > light. However, as the port matures, it's not unthinkable that there
> > will be many more users.
> Again, why?
> So far we have one person who likes pf and one who suspects that maybe
> FreeBSD could behave better when severely overloaded.

Oh, I get it, we should throw kFreeBSD out because Marco d'Itri thinks
it's a bad idea?

In less than a day, you've had two people come up with, for them, good
arguments. Another oft-quoted argument for kFreeBSD is ZFS (which does
indeed have some very nice features). Granted, this isn't a
scientifically valid poll, but come on, it's a troll thread on a
development mailinglist, what do you expect?

> > Frankly, I'd be somewhat surprised if some time after the release of
> > wheezy (but still before wheezy+1), usage of Debian kFreeBSD did not
> > surpass that of the i386 port.
> And do you have any data to justify this prediction or did you see it in
> the crystal ball?

Call it "gut feeling".

the following formula:

pi zz a