Re: [Lennart Poettering] Re: A few observations about systemd

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> writes:
> Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> (18/07/2011):

>> The upstart maintainers have expressed considerably more willingness to
>> date to work with Debian on meeting our project's goals and
>> incorporating those changes into the upstream release.

> For reference, that would likely be:
>   http://lists.debian.org/debian-bsd/2009/07/msg00122.html

> (Feel free to correct me if you had other references in mind.)

I think this is somewhat obsoleted by in-person discussions at Debconf in
2010.  But this is now-fallible year-old memory, so having the discussion
with him explicitly to get the current state of his thinking would be a
good idea.

We talked about BSD explicitly during the various init system discussions
at Debconf, and the impression I came away with was that he didn't have
the time to write the code himself, but was definitely willing to work
with someone who was interested and make sure that it would continue to
work.