Re: How Debian Deals with Data

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 11:20:09PM +0100, Christopher Baines wrote:
[...]
> Any thoughts, or have I found a non-existent problem?

A very-existent problem (the scientific package maintainers deal
with this at least as much as the games package maintainers from
what I gather). It's come up a lot over the years, but the most
recent productive thread I remember was this one about a
data.debian.org archive proposal for extremely large,
architecture-independent data packages:

I'm not sure what became of that, but I'm curious to find out since
I'll be staring down the barrel of a similar problem soon enough.
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); WWW(http://fungi.yuggoth.org/); PGP(43495829);
WHOIS(STANL3-ARIN); SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); FINGER(fungi@yuggoth.org);