Re: Ok to use upstream doumentation as-is (i.e. not regenerate)?

On 07/06/11 14:16, Vincent Danjean wrote:
> On 07/06/2011 14:36, Osamu Aoki wrote:

>>> If you do not want git-buildpackage to complain (of
>>> "not committed changes"), you need to restore them.
>>>
>>> I often use this in my rules:
>>> clean:
>>> 	[...]
>>>         # if this is a git repository, restore removed files that would have
>>>         # been ignored by dpkg-source
>>>         -test -d .git && git checkout -- $$(git status | \
>>>                 sed -e '/^#[[:space:]]*deleted:[[:space:]]*/s/^#[[:space:]]*deleted:[[:space:]]*//p;d' | \
>>>                 grep -v '^debian/')
>>
>> I thought "git reset --hard; git clean -f" is enough to get pristine
>> state under git for manual operation.  I am curious why this is done
>> with this fancy script?  Maybe this is something to do with
>> git-buildpackage which I should know.
>
> I do not want to do a reset if some files are modified/added and not
> commited (the standard behavior of git-buildpackage, ie complaining, is
> ok for me in this case).
>   I only want that git-buildpackage ignores missing files as dpkg-source
> does. It is also a quick a dirty script and I would be very pleased
> to know a better way to do this.
>
>   Regards,
>     Vincent
>
>> (I was thinking , as long as git reflect pristine source situation, this
>> shorter type-able sequence restores source tree for me.  If inside
>> debian tree should not be recorded in git, we can add .gitignore with
>> debian in it.)
>>

>> Osamu

Two possibilities :

You could use the --filter option to git-import-orig to prevent the
files from being imported into git in the first place, I do this to
filter out the upstream debian directory.  If you're using pristine-tar
the excluded files still get included as part of its delta so created
tarballs will still be byte-for-byte identical to upstream.

Alternatively you could just build in a different directory using the
--export-dir option.

Cheers,

	David.