Re: Behaviour of dpkg-source with "3.0 (quilt)" and VCS and automatic patches

Stefano Rivera <stefanor@debian.org> writes:

> Hi Scott (2011.06.02_16:30:13_+0200)
>> Keeping local_options in a VCS is a bit of a workaround for this
>> I'd really like to have a way to just control this globally on my system.
>
> +1 to that. Esp for team-maintained packages where people have different
> preferences, and QA work.
>
> SR

+1 for the global thing. But an alias can do that for the initial
unpacking of source packages.

But if you are working with a VCS then I don't think this has anything
to do with peoples preferences but with the workflow of the VCS. Wether
sources are commited with patches applied or not. Having the patch
behaviour differ from the workflow of the VCS is just trouble.

And I hope all team-maintained packages do use some VCS.

MfG
        Goswin